Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fraction Frizzle

Hey All!

I came up with an awesome way for my students to learn about fractions (in word form). I call it "Fraction Frizzle".

I created a wordle with different fraction word forms.





                                           




                                                       Lesson Objectives:

              Students will identify the word form of each fraction.


              Next students will write the numeric form of each fraction.

              After that students will draw a picture of each fraction to match the word form, as well as               the numeric form.

This lesson covers teaching my students the numeric form of fractions, the word form of fractions, and the visual (art) form of fractions. A beautiful mashup of Math +Art= students learning two subjects at the same time! :)


Check out this cool activity on my website under the "more" category.

http://hafizakarim.weebly.com/

Warm Wishes
~Hafiza

No comments:

Post a Comment